- 2023-07-05, 09:30–12:30, Room I
- 2023-07-05, 13:30–16:30, Room I
Writing Python inside a corporation is one thing, contributing to an open source project is a totally different experience. It brings a lot of satisfaction.
During this workshop we'll go over the basics of contributing to an open source Python project hosted on GitHub and you will contribute to several open source projects.
- First we'll learn about forks and pull-requests on GitHub.
- Then GitHub Actions and Continuous Integration (CI) in general.
- Then we'll see the basics of writing tests and creating test coverage report.
- Finally we'll pick several Python projects, set up the local development environment for them and send at least one pull-request by each participant of the workshop.
You are expected to bring your own computer that already has Python installed and preferably also Docker, to make our tasks easier. You are expected to already have an account on GitHub and your picture or avatar added to it.
This workshop is a very short version of the Open Source Developer Course (OSDC)