»PySnooper - Never use print for debugging again«
2019-06-04, 11:00–11:25, Main Hall
A new debugging solution for Python that became a huge hit overnight
I had an idea for a debugging solution for Python that doesn't require complicated configuration like PyCharm. I released PySnooper as a cute little open-source project that does that, and to my surprise, it became a huge hit overnight, hitting the top of Hacker News, r/python and GitHub trending. In this talk I'll go into:
- How PySnooper can help you debug your code.
- How you can write your own debugging / code intelligence tools.
- How to make your open-source project go viral.
- How to use PuDB, another debugging solution, to find bugs in your code.
- A PEP idea for making debuggers easier to debug.